Georges River District Cricket Club is one of the oldest clubs in the Sydney Shires competition, having commenced playing in 1929. As such we have a long and proud history.
Bexley DCC, one of the oldest Shires clubs in the competition played its inaugural season in 1929, while Canterbury DCC's first season was in 1951. Canterbury DCC did not have the numbers to field the required sides and unfortunately folded in 1995. Bexley DCC absorbed the grounds and remaining players and was renamed Canterbury-Bexley DCC in 1996. Later in 2002 the club changed its name to Georges River to better represent the area, as well as providing opportunities for players in the surrounding areas (St. George, Bankstown, Illawong/Menai) to play Shires cricket.
The club is focused on providing the right facilities for players of all ages to improve their game - however we are renowned Sydney wide for providing younger players an opportunity to develop their cricket. Our grounds at Bexley Oval, Lance Hutchinson and Bland Ovals provide superb facilities - both on and off field so players can enjoy and improve their cricket.
Georges River is the only Sydney Shires club in the southern area of Sydney and fields teams in First to Fifth Grade in the Sydney Shires Competition as well as having teams in Metropolitan Cup and Chappellow Cup, Frank Gray Shield u/24s representative side, and teams in the Masters (o/40s) and Classics (o/50s) competitions.
For more information, contact the President Kevin Croom on 0400 492 137 or via email email@example.com
About our Cricket Club